Kollel Beth HaTalmud Yehuda Fishman Institute
“KOLLEL BEIS HATALMUD PROMOTION 5781”
HOW TO ENTER
To be eligible to enter the KOLLEL BEIS HATALMUD PROMOTION 5781 (the “Promotion”), entrants must purchase advertising space in the Kollel Beth HaTalmud Yehuda Fishman Institute 39th Anniversary Newsletter.
The purchase may be made by contacting an authorized representative of Kollel Beth HaTalmud Yehuda Fishman Institute during the promotional period and informing them of the number of entries desired, as detailed below.
This may be done via one of the following methods:
In person at 362A Carlisle Street, East St Kilda, 3183
By phone on 0425-745-085.
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By post to 362A Carlisle Street, East St Kilda, 3183.
The number of entries in the Promotion will depend upon the amount and type of advertising space purchased, as follows:
(i) $100 - one line (1 entry);
(ii) $200 - one eighth of a page (3 entries);
(iii) $300 - one quarter of a page (5 entries);
(iv) $500 - one half page (9 entries);
(v) $1000 - one silver full page (20 entries);
(vi) $2000 - one gold full page (50 entries);
(vii) $5000 - one platinum full page (150 entries);
(viii) $10,000 - one platinum double page (400 entries)
In addition, each entrant will be allocated exactly one ticket in a “Supplementary Prize”. This will be regardless of the number of entries in the Promotion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and about the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents who make their qualifying purchase in Victoria or Western Australia during the promotional period.
3. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to permit a person who makes a qualifying purchase during the promotional period to nominate another person to enter the Promotion.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Anonymous entrants will not be eligible to enter the Promotion.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to reject or edit advertising which does not meet the requirements of Orthodox Jewish law as determined by the Dean of the Kollel Beth HaTalmud Yehuda Fishman Institute, Rabbi B Wurzburger.
7. Multiple entries are permitted subject to each entry being made in accordance with entry requirements.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to accept goods or services in lieu of cash payment for qualifying purchases.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. Promotion commences on 11/11/2020. Entries close 11.00 pm on 18/12/2020 (for entries phoned or handed into an authorised Kollel Beth HaTalmud Yehuda Fishman Institute salesperson) and last mail received on 18/12/2020 (for mail entries). The draw will take place at Kollel Beth HaTalmud Yehuda Fishman Institute, 362A Carlisle Street, East St Kilda, Victoria, 3183 on 20/12/2020 at 7.30 pm. The draw will be carried out by a representative of the promoter. Entrants need not be present at the time of the draw.
11. Winners will be notified by mail and their names will be published on the website www.kollel.edu.au within seven days of drawing and remain on this website for a minimum period of 28 days.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The first valid entry drawn will choose from one of the following two options, given by a and b below:
1. Five economy return airline tickets to a location within Australia, to be chosen by the holder of the entry but limited in value to $3,300.
2. Seven nights’ accommodation for five people at an accommodation provider within Australia to be chosen by the holder of the entry but limited in value to $2,300.
3. Car hire for seven days, valued at up to $600.
The above prize a is subject to travel and quarantine restrictions by Australian state and territory governments. These restrictions may vary depending on the date of travel.
14. The next valid entry drawn will win:
Full size set of Artscroll Chumashim with Rashi, in five volumes. In Hebrew and English, valued at $220.
Full size set of Artscroll Chumashim with Ramban, in seven volumes. In English and Hebrew, valued at $380.
Set of Artscroll Chumashim with Ohr HaChaim in 10 volumes. In English and Hebrew, valued at $580.
15. The next valid entry will win a Auswheel Xiaomi AU model electric scooter or equivalent, valued at $580.
16. Each entrant will be allocated exactly one ticket in a “Supplementary Prize Draw”. This will be a silver plated or glass Menorah, valued at up to $300 from Golds World of Judaica.
17. Prizes or any unused portion of a prize are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or other goods or services.
18. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
19. If the winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian.
20. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
21. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
22. Total prize pool value is $8,260.
23. Any prize not claimed by 1/04/2021 will become the property of the promoter.
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
25. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
26. Liability for any tax arising out of participation in this promotion (including acceptance of a prize) is the sole responsibility of the entrant. Entrants should seek independent financial advice in this regard.
27. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) participation in the Game; or (f) use of a prize.
28. As a condition of accepting any prize, the winner (and any companion/s, if applicable) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter, prize suppliers and promotion organizers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
29. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
30. The Promoter is Kollel Beth HaTalmud Yehuda Fishman Institute of 362A Carlisle Street, East St Kilda, Victoria, 3183. ABN 94 005 628 036.